March 22, 2009

They are out there...

... those wicked spiders, just trying to pounce on you when you least expect it! The other night, I stayed up late and as I reached to switch off the lights to go to sleep I saw it: a giant spider on the ceiling, eyeing me hungrily from above. I had to wake up poor Dani, who had already been fast asleep, to be a man and kill it for me. I got him a cup and some sturdy paper (the old trick if you want to do the dirty job somewhere else, thus not leaving ugly stains all over the ceiling or wallpaper), but then I had to discover that Dani was on the spider´s side and let it out the window (that´s open all night). I did not believe him when he said that the spider dropped three stories down. After all, it has a good amount of legs and would surely not mind climbing up to me again. I hate those spiders. Why can´t they just be round things without legs??? What am I concerned with all those ugly long legs? Without them, the spiders would look really silly. It´s in the legs. Am I a frustrated woman because my legs are not as long as the spider´s when viewed in proportion? Do I have secret topmodel ambitions? Surely not, it´s only those spiders. Everyone knows they are wicked beasts, waiting to devour you as soon as you cease to pay attention... grrrrrr !

Anyhow, nice long intro, I know. I just love the Gilmore way of dealing with spiders. It made me so nostalgic when I watched that episode a while ago with Dani (I even showed it to mom, just to have her as my witness to verify that Lorelai was NOT the first one doing that to a spider, noooo, noooo, I came long before her trap building ideas, including a glass, diverse heavy things and even packing tape). I laughed so hard watching that random scene in the show. Here is this clip, one of my favorites (with a special guest appearance for Chrie *wink, wink*) :

spider scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGqhWBcguWY

Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ewwww. I hate spiders. We have a little device that plugs into the wall and sends out a sonic sound that bugs don't like. It works pretty well for the most part. We picked it up at the hardware store. Maybe they have too where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!!!!!
    LOL... genau so fühle und denke ich auch!!!!!
    Arr Pirate sister! ;)

    Und ich HASSE es wenn meine Mum die Spinnen immer in die Freiheit entlässt...irgendwo in der Nähe der Haustür :|
    Ich glaub dem Dani auch net, dass die Spinne ganz runter gefallen ist...die hat sich bestimmt mit Faden an dem Balkon unter euch gerettet.

    YAY for Gilmore Girls and the Gilmore way!

    ReplyDelete