October 14, 2009

Yay, connected to the Floo Network

With Halloween approaching, it is hard for me to not become too nerdy about it (hence the Harry Potter reference in the blog title). With our new -fake but absolutely cosy looking- fireplace, we are now able to travel in a fun wizarding fashion: by floo powder. Yes, you can tell I´ve just finished re-reading the final HP book yesterday and am amazed at how much I had forgotten. See, this is the book that I had only read once before and rather quickly too, as I was desperate to know the end. I still love the book. All of them.

We also started decorating the dining room for the Halloween party we´re hosting. We haven´t really planned much yet but couldn´t wait for the fun. I was crafting away while Dani looked up extra spooky foods and meals online. We had a blast looking through some of the ideas and recipes presented.

And lastly, this is for mom. I finished crocheting that little hat for Blythe... and a scarf. It was fun but ugh, don´t look at it closely. I think I am improving somewhat, though :).



4 comments:

  1. Stylish fire place. When are you coming to visit me? I'd visit you, but I'm out of Floo Powder :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fireplace and your little hat. So fun! Great job crocheting. That's one talent I did not inherit from my mom.

    My brother is the one hosting our Halloween party this year. He decided it would be a themed one, so we all had to invent our own super heroes...It's going to be fun and somewhat odd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fireplace. I just finished reading the last Harry Potter book. We also read it way too fast. It is so good. Come visit me on the floo network.

    ReplyDelete