April 29, 2010

Our own little re-fashioned cottage table (and more)

Here are the pictures promised:

Remember this baby here?

Well, this is what it looks like now, sanded, painted, restored, cleaned:

Then I discovered the beautiful addiction of spray painting, along with the already existing addiction of using paintbrushes and regular paint... .

I didn´t think of taking 'before' pictures, so all you get is the after. This little shelf was dark brown, almost black before...

...as was this wooden flower pot:

and this lampfoot:

I continued painting those frames...

and trying out a fun little thing I saw on another blog: painting bottles from the inside ;). Here are my beatiful Cream Soda fancy glass bottles and one Almdudler bottle:

'D' and 'K' got a makeover too, no more gray paper! Come here, beloved Gold Krylon spraypaint!

And last: one (halfway-)before picture of a work in progress: I found this unbelieveably ugly print on a local fleamarket 2 weeks ago. I can´t believe how anyone would actually hang this up at home. The frame is plastic and a cheesy looking brown-ish gold, or rather...it was ! I spray painted it white, 2-3 layers. It looks a LOT better now, although the hideous painting is still visible. I plan to turn it into a pinnboard, or chalkboard. I haven´t made up my mind yet. Or I´ll paint something to go in it. Pictures to come... :).


I also want to share some more vintage-y fleamarket finds with you in my next post. One is a cool 'tree table' ;). I LOVE fleamarkets (Now I only need to make Daniel love them as much as I do and then my budget will be better ;) )!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! All of those look great!!! I love the table especially. Beautiful! I wish we lived closer. I would love going to flea markets with you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You've been busy. Everything looks fabulous. I vote for a pin board. LOVE the fancy bottles especially, what a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I'm so impressed with that table! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the table!...and everything else. I vote for you drawing something to go in the frame (I love the art you do). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so beautiful! So, I have a question: in the picture of the little lamp, is that a window or a painting? If it's a window, you have an amazing view from you house!!!! Another question: can you find chalk paint here in Europe? I sure love you style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my favorite Idea girl! I am in love with your table! As soon as Isaw it I started looking around my house for stuff to paint:)

    ReplyDelete