November 29, 2012

Snow, beautiful Snow!


I took the camera with me on my little walk through the woods today. There are so many people living in places where it never snows. And while I tend to be a little jealous of  those who are having sunny or relatively warm weather year round, and I really don´t like the grey cold seasons we have here in fall and winter and sometimes spring, it´s all worth it when the first snow falls and I go out to admire it. And then I´m always reminded of Narnia and the old lamp post, and Aschenbrödel. 

I love the first snow of the season, it´s always magical:

After clearing the snow it´s time for a walk...

...and entering the woods

Looking up




I also noticed two things:

First, I really need to get me a waterproof  pair of snow boots (not like my cozy warm boots, which only pretend to be snow boots... oh, the optical illusion!)

Second, if I don´t want a muddy-wet indoor swimmingpool in our mudroom, I really need to buy one of those ugly yet practical dirt and water catching rubber carpets for the entryway...


No comments:

Post a Comment