April 11, 2014

Belated Resolutions for 2014

You know how you usually set some goals for the new year? Well, I did set some goals, but not the ones I usually pick. This time they were more along the lines of  'endure the final weeks of pregnancy', 'survive giving birth', 'don´t hit spouse during labor',  'quickly forget the whole process of birthing right after', 'instantly become the best mom ever (*ahem*)', and so on. I think I´m doing pretty good with 3 out of 5. But now that I´ve accomplished those and am working on the others, I have yet some more goals that I am going to tackle in the near future. I´ve had my 6 weeks post-pregnancy check-up, and other than my combating anemia, things are ok. So now my new goals include working out again (i.e., beginning at rock bottom, since my fitness levels are pretty non-existent right now), starting with core and back exercises and eventually going back to running again. I really need to build some muscles for lugging Flynn around. He´s getting pretty heavy and my back is sore. Posture, anyone? ;)
While I´m nursing and have worse food cravings than during pregnancy, I plan to add more healthy meals into my daily diet, and reducing my sugar intake (we´ll see). I hate feeling so weak and sluggish but I also understand that my body needs time to heal after such an enormous task of giving birth - I just wish it would hurry up a little bit ;) .
So here we go. I´m excited to get started.

Today´s meal and my new shoes :)

PS: As an incentive, I bought new running shoes. These babies are awesome and super light! I can´t wait to use them, starting in a few weeks! And I can´t wait to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes again. Right now it seems like it will never happen, but I have faith.
Unfortunately I also have chocolate and ice-cream...

No comments:

Post a Comment