Despite the hectic planning and being a mom 24/7, being home was really good for me. It´s just such a relief every time I return to my old town and area, my family, the streets, the familiar landscape, the shopping opportunities (yes, I´m a girl! ;) ), the people and my old ward. It just feels great to be back home for a while.
It´s also fun to see what´s going on at home and what has changed since Dad is at home and Mom at work. There are of course the obvious things, the home is less tidy and there´s always some kind of construction work or project going on. The really bad thing, however: Dad simply doesn´t SEE all the spiders crawling all over the place and neither cares about them, aaaahhhh!
But there are some random art installations that I adore as well, like these framed screws, originally inside moms knee to stabilize the bone after the fracture. when they were removed during her second surgery, dad kept them and turned them into instant art:
| I should mention here that he also framed the eviction order for their insane renter, but I´m not showing you that picture here ;) |
Or this colorful collection of fly swatters:
| There used to be one or two of them back in the day, but somehow they´ve multiplied... |
But this is probably my all-time favorite piece. The old grandfather clock. It´s been like that for over a year now. One of dad´s timeless works, and I LOVE it. It probably went something like this... Dad: "Hm, the clock isn´t working, the clockface is broken. I need to repair it or get a new one. It´s probably best if I take it out now and fix everything this afternoon..." Months later: "Oh, would you look at that! I was going to fix it, wasn´t I?" To be completely honest though, I´m hoping he´ll never fix it, because it looks truly amazing as it is! I would totally leave it like that forever! A smart and creative reminder that time is relative and to spend it wisely. LOVE it!
| Awesome steampunk style -love it! |
And this piece of spontaneous guerilla art, courtesy of Mom and her lipstick:
| His little cheeks are so kissable! |
I LOVE and miss Mom´s cuisine:
Also, Dad is in the process of building a new sauna. It´s almost done and I can´t wait to test it! It looks great and there will be pictures in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment