July 14, 2016

Chrie and Nik's Wedding

I was so excited to attend Chrie`s wedding this past weekend.
Flynn got to stay at his grandparents´ for the first time without any of us. He stayed there for two nights and did very well (despite my worst-case scenario visions of horrible homesickness and tears on Flynn`s side...and possible mine). Mom and Dad took good care of him, of course, and he was distracted enough, being spoiled rotten by them and his cousins.
Dani, Penelope and I stayed at a hotel in Düsseldorf and met with Dani`s parents the evening we arrived there. They were thrilled to finally meet their youngest grandchild and it was good to see them. Chrie`s mom and sister stayed at the same hotel, so we and Chrie got to hang out a little, too, before...

...the big day arrived on Saturday morning:

All dolled up and ready to go!
Mr and Mrs Awesome :)


Our turn to pose with the bride ;). 



Bride & Groom with siblings / maid of honor and best man



The old gang


Matthias / photographer / assistant ;)

Jörg and Jo

My Mr Right and my little Sweet Pea


Bine :)

Carmen :)

The happy mother of the bride :)

 Here are a few snapshots taken at the party after the ceremony. I didn`t get to take as many pictures as I intended, since the evening took a few unexpected detours (right, Chrie? ;) ) and Dani took the camera back to the hotel, when he left with Penny (early, so she could sleep and I could stay and party. That`s love! And my first night out all by myself since Flynn was born. About time, haha!).
 
We found the perfect Penny-sized nook to take pictures of her.

You`d think at some point you`d have taken enough baby pictures... but no. Never. She`s just too cute!

This was waiting for Penny...

...and for Flynn. Such a sweet idea!

We had plenty of time to mingle and finally meet some of Chrie`s awesome Düsseldorf friends.

Chrie`s aunt

Cutting the cake

And I`d be lying if I said I included this picture for the different angle of the cake. I wanted to get another view of this amazing dress!

:)



Basti and handsome little Julian

Daddy on the dance-floor!





A few random bits of information not contained in the pictures:
-It was a FREAKISHLY HUMID AND HOT day. How we all didn`t dissolve into sad puddles is still a mystery to me.
-Although Chrie really didn`t feel well during parts of the day, she held up bravely and I am in awe at how she looked all lively and beautiful pretty much all the time.
-Of all the fun movie quotes to randomly pick (for one of the games) I had to end up with a quote from "Conan" (which one of Chrie`s friends and I turned into an impromptu reenactment during the picture taking for the game. (Or so we pretended, since we hadn`t seen the movie and probably never will. Hopefully, haha.)
-The food was SO GOOD.
-As was the music for the evening! Let´s hit the dancefloor agaaaaaiiiiinnn!
-I still have monster blisters on my feet.
-Chrie`s emergency-kit deodorant was a life-saver to all girls ;)
-Penny did so well, despite a massive lack of sleep that day.
-Chrie`s Düsseldorf friends are super fun to be around.
-Somehow I don`t really have any pictures of just Andrea. Probably she was so busy organizing everything and not getting to sit down at our table.
-Nik`s brother is probably still mad at me for making him believe Chrie has two sisters, when I needed to sneak past him to see her and it was 'family only'. A bad watchdog, though... I can`t believe he fell for it so easily. I mean, we look nothing alike, right, Chrie? ;) And technically we are ALL brothers and sisters...in the grand scheme of things anyway. So I WAS telling the truth, after all.
-The wedding mag = super fun!
-All in all, we had a marvellous time.
-Quote for the day: "For God hath not given us the Spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment