I met a new mouse in our neighborhood this morning. She said she was visiting her uncle Horatio and aunt Emma for a while. She`s a town-mouse but loves the countryside, as I could tell watching her walk, climb and rest during her morning stroll.
 |
| Succulent Hill, a well-loved destination amongst little travel mice. |
 |
| Our little friend is not afraid of heights, and so she starts climbing the steep and rocky hill. |
 |
| Up, up, up she goes. |
 |
| Almost there! |
 |
| She has reached the summit, |
 |
| time to sit and enjoy the view. |
 |
| Hello! |
 |
| From there, it`s only a short hike to Crocodile Peak - a fun place to take some pictures. |
 |
| Our little mouse friend got to see many beautiful things that day. On her way back home, she stopped for a little chat with the Mrs. Hawthorn, the snail. |
 |
| She even got to admire Mrs. Hawthorns newly painted B&B house - currently empty. |
 |
| What a beautiful day! But now it`s time to return to the Woodmouses. |
Not some kid-related pictures for a change ;). I really missed working on the miniatures. It takes a LOT of time but I need some good props and mini-mice, if I want to gather enough material for a small storybook for the kiddos. It´s just not so easy, since I can do nothing while the kids are awake, so I can only get creative in the evenings. But as soon as they are asleep, I´m pretty much always in a coma and just want to go to bed myself...pathetic, haha!
I took the pictures yesterday, in the beautiful morning sunlight, after finishing the mouse and dress late the night before (I think around 2am or so). One of our neighbors has a beaaaauuutiful garden, with many rocks and stones. He planted all these succulents and lavender and flowers on and around them. It looks so pretty. Well, I hadn´t met him before, but yesterday I just went to his house, introduced myself (rather sheepishly with my mouse in hand), and asked if I could take some pictures in his backyard. I had seen him and his wife in their garden before, but never really talked to them until yesterday. Turns out he was really nice. He also had a peach tree in his garden and asked if I wanted one (he gave me like five or six, haha) and allowed me to take the pictures. How sweet! I`m going to print him a thankyou card with the mouse and part of his garden on it.
And the peaches were really good. I had one for breakfast this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment