December 23, 2017

Ready for Christmas!


Daniel took the kids to the playground, so I could actually finish cleaning and take some pictures of our living room, all ready for Christmas (before everything will go back to looking like little kids live in here, haha!). Here´s to our first Christmas in our new (rented) home!


The Advent Calendar we made last year


Adventskranz


Forest in a vase. It is technically not a vase, more like a cross between vase and bowl on a pedestal. Perfect for a snowy landscape. Flynn and Penny knocked the trees over a few times, trying to help the car drive through all that snow...

A mini advent calendar card my friend Andrea sent me. It´s the perfect combination of cute, kitch-y vintage and glitter and it makes me happy every time I look at it. 


Ok, not Christmas related, but these are our new (used from Ebay, yay!) coffee tables and carpet (the wonderful world that is Wayfair.com). They really pull everything together in the living room and I love the patterns and shapes. And look: candles! A bit festive after all.

I still don´t own a nativity but I really love this little sculpture. Merry Christmas!

Some pictures are up on the wall, too!

Dorothy! I don´t remember if I´ve ever posted the before and after? We painted her with some lovely chalkpaint, just two weeks before we moved to this house. From orange-brown wood to a nice shade of gray/beige/white. And all "dressed up" for winter.

You can never have too many little Christmas trees, right?

...I mean, what´s not to love? Haha, I migh have an addiction to little bottle-brush trees.

Here´s our big tree, this year with not a single glass ornament. Plastic baubles (yes, we are stylish at this house) and wooden ornaments all the way. And a pretty little paper star (made by Carmen) near the top. The kids "helped" decorate the tree and I really had to show some restraint, because I SOOO wanted to arrange the ornaments to look great on the tree and not just clustered on the lower half of the tree on one side. I did change a few things after Flynn and Penny were in bed, but a lot is just still their doing. They made up for it by their enthusiasm. ;)


Glittery buntings? Yes, please!


Our Christmas stockings this year... . Anthropologie had some sweet stockings, but so expensive. They had a mid-century modern / homemade / folklore / wooly feel to them and I decided to make my own. The colors and pompoms inspired me to create my own versions. I mean... pompoms. I love pompoms! I the fabric of throw cushions and a table runner I wasn´t using anymore. Upcycling, yay! We put Nikolaus' presents in them on Dec. 6th, instead of in the kids´shoes.  

A slightly better view of the painted piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment