May 14, 2009

Last minute preparations...


Tomorrow will be the last day before we head to D.C. and then on to Salt Lake City and I keep going through those mental lists of what I need to finish and do before we go. We leave very early Saturday morning, so I´ll have to force myself to go to bed very early on Friday (which is impossible for me to do, let alone falling asleep...) and I need to start packing. I have sporadic ideas of what I still need to do but that´s either when I´m half asleep or when I´m in the bathroom (= has always been my place to receive inspiration for some odd reason. I found out that I might be going on a mission in there too. Weird) and by the time I am awake and close enough to pencil and paper, my thoughts are gone.

There is so much to do but I am excited to finally return to my 'old' home of 1 1/2 years in Kensington, MD, and to hang out with dear friends. I can´t wait to do some sightseeing with Daniel, going back to Georgetown, The Mall, the Capitol, the obelisk, the museums, and maybe still catching some of the lingering cherry blossom festival feel :). I can´t wait to go to the Visitor´s Center and Temple grounds again! I can´t wait to fly over to UT and visit my family and relatives and friends again. It´s been so long. I can´t wait for the VC Sisters Reunion I will be attending on the 29th :). I am excited for Martin and Stephanie´s wedding on the 23rd of this month. I am excited for all the craft stores, clothing stores there, with those insanely cheap prices, for the Root Beer and for the Tex Mex foods. I am excited to be able to speak to people and -unlike here where I live- understand all they are saying!

That said... on to the laundry pile ;). We´ll be back on the weekend of June 7, so there will probably be no new posts here until then. See you later :)!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You might already be on your way, I don't know about the time changes...But I just wanted to say YAY for you! I am so excited. Hopefully we will be able to make it up to see you! I hope you have a good time and make lots of new good memories in our old beloved Kensington! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete