We´re back home, after spending 2 funfilled weeks in England and while there have been loads of pictures taken, I will post them in my next few entries, along with a short (?) travel log.
Now to the logical part of my entry: this list has come to my mind, while travelling through England... my "Reasons to move to the U.K." vs. "Reasons to stay here". This is what I came up with:
Reasons why England is a sweet place to be:
1. Britain makes the better spies / mysteries (The Avengers, James Bond, Miss Marple, Edgar Wallace novels, Sherlock Holmes)
2. Fish and Chips
3. Many of my favorite Authors come from there (Sophie Kinsella, Jane Austen, J.K. Rowling, Agatha Christie, Shakespeare, Enid Blyton...)
4. English style cut lawns and inspiring gardens
5. Cottages
6. Tudor style architecture
7. Can I say Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan? ;) Dani I love you, too!
8. The world´s most stylish phone booths!
9. The world´s most stylish public mailboxes!
10. Limestone walls of the Peak District
11. The Peak District
12. Chatsworth House (my future home, which I will transform slightly but will keep the gardens and park as they are)
13. The English accent (Derby area) is easier to understand than the odd German that´s spoken here where we currently live!
14. English ice cream tastes like the American one... it helps beat the mission-homesickness pangs I get every now and then
15. Mr. Bean and Shawn the Sheep
16. Public toilets don´t cost anything (mom, our day has been saved!)
17. Lots of OLD, tall, beautiful oak trees
... the list goes on
Reasons to stay here:
1. ... uhmmm....
2.
3.
4. we have the better chocolate?
18. Doctor Who!!!!
ReplyDeleteDu darfst gerne nach England in eine Burg ziehen - da komme ich bestimmt sogar besser hin als nach Ooooole :-)
LG Chrie
I don't know.....chocolate ranks pretty high on my list! Glad you had a good time :)
ReplyDelete