I know this has been a long time but I finally remembered to take pictures of the desk Dani and I built last year sometime in winter. He had a few days off and it was our project. We designed and built two desks, one for him and one for me. We didn´t have a real desk before, just a cheap make-shift DIY construction by Dani, one that made the move from his student / bachelor appartment to here but really wasn´t very practical. There was no space to store things or any drawers, to begin with.
So we got down to business... .We used some parts from his old desk and bought some more wood. I wanted a good, sturdy desk, with drawers and enough space, without looking bulky or cold/modern-ish. The tabletop was particularly important to me, as I´m not only using it as a computer screen surface, but also to draw on and be crafty. Dani´s desk is slightly bigger than mine but in the same style. The desks are made of pine wood and the table top is made from a wooden kitchen counter split in two, so Dani and I have the same table top. We painted the wood pieces with a warm shade of off-white in matte before assembling them. It´s really sweet to be married to an awesome husband like mine ;), I had the pictures of the finished desk in my head and told him all about it, even made some sketches of what they should look like. Again, cottage cozy chic (just because you work on a desk doesn´t mean it has to look like work) and inspiring for writing. Dani then took my crooked sketchbook line art and turned it into a mathematically correct piece of blueprint for us to work on. I am SO glad he was the one to figure out the measurements and angles so everything would fit nicely into our room and wouldn´t fall to pieces once used. I love it! My favorite part (or one of them anyways) is the nifty little hidden keyboard storage behind a fancy curved panel (Dani´s idea, my design). Honestly, I think Dani and I should go into furniture design, haha!
We also bought matching hanging shelves from IKEA to hang above the desks, for extra storage.
Enjoy!





No comments:
Post a Comment