October 27, 2012

Garden

This is what our Jungle former baby-backyard looked like earlier this week:

Work in progress...

Dani was quite the farmboy this week, weeding and ripping out all the roots that had completely taken over our lawn. We´re planning to turn everything into a nice garden, with flowers and a little vegetable patch and yes, a nice lawn!

Finished!

Today is also the first day of snow. Flurries of thick, white snowflakes are dancing around our building and now I can´t keep it a secret anymore that I´ve been feeling Christmasy for the past two weeks already, and I ´ve started making some jolly (<-- finally I can apply one of my favorite words again...it´s that season!)  decorations. This year will be a DIY Christmas, with no budget for new decorations, so  it´s time to be creative. I wanted to build a little cardboard Christmas village for underneath the tree or on our fake fireplace. But... after almost completing two little putz houses, I´m not really sure if I want to do several more. It´s taking forever!

View from the window

On my desktop...another work in progress

Snow in October is a first for me, but I´m excited... maybe we´ll carve a Christmas pumpkin for Halloween next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment