My friend Chrie reminded me that it´s about time I share some pictures of our new home. And I´ll start today by showing you the kitchen. I love it. May it help me be inspired to learn more than just the very basic cooking ;). I love baking cakes and cookies, but cooking is another story... .
I´m showing you some before pictures and some kitchen furniture before pictures. Since we couldn´t afford a new kitchen, we took our old one with us when we moved. We sanded it, painted it, painted it some more, and again; and we built additional shelving and drawers, exchanged the knobs and added a new, larger countertop. I am so stoked about Dani´s mad woodworking skills! He´s so awesome. I generally come up with an idea and ask him if he could build it that way. Then he calculates everything (sizes and wood prices) and goes ahead, sawing, hammering, glueing, while I usually clean up the saw dust, do the sanding and painting. Then we put it together and love our new
ly born child furniture. So it was with this, our new kitchen as well. I love a good challenge like that and it´s so rewarding to take something ugly or mediocre and make the best of it. There´s still a lot I don´t like about our kitchen, but these are things our landlord or budget won´t allow to change. I would love to rip out the clinic-style tiles and replace them with handmade ones, I´d love to paint the window frames and doors creamy white instead of the brown that just won´t match the rest of the style. And once we can afford it, I would really like to get a nice ceiling lamp for the kitchen and chuck out our bargain 1.99 € IKEA lamp that we got (x 5) for the (whole) house.
The before pictures, still at our old place:
 |
| It´s easy to guess what time of year this picture was taken... |
Here´s the other before picture (in the new apartment):
 |
| If you look closely, you can see the TWO doors we have in the kitchen / diningroom / living room area |
Here´s the kitchen now:
 |
| I love it :) |
 |
| Shelving for extra space on the countertop |
 |
| Some of my cookies & cakes inspiration |
 |
We closed one of the 2 doors permanently, and it serves as a little home for our fridge now. Dani built and extra frame since we couldn´t paint the actual door frame. |
 |
| (And behind the courtain, we hide all our trashcans...) |
I love your kitchen! The shelves for extra counter space is genius.
ReplyDelete