It´s here! It´s here! It´s here!
This sweet old little lady is ours now! I think I´ll name her Dorothy. We found her on Ebay, for free, as the owners were moving and they won´t have room in their new apartment for it. This piano is very out of tune, it really does sound a bit like a Saloon piano. But I hope it can be tuned. Some of these old pianos can´t be tuned, if some of the inside parts have ripped. I´ve peeked in and found some slight cracks in the wood, aaahhh. So I´m keeping my fingers crossed and hope it´s possible to make it sound nicer. But since it´s an old piano, it´s ok to hear some of it´s bones creak, isn´t it?
I´d contacted the owners and we were able to find a piano mover who could take it from their town to our place, so all we had to pay for was the movers. And yesterday, it finally happened!
I haven´t played in a long time and I love coming home to my parents to play by ear a little, it´s relaxing to me. They still have the piano they got for my sister and me, when we had lessons, way back when. It needs to be tuned as well but sounds better than ours still ;). But boy, have you seen the curves on ours? The fine craftsmanship on the wood? It is from a time when lines were NOT supposed to be all straight and it was equally important to please the ears AND the eyes.
I love it (I hope our neighbors will, too...)!

No comments:
Post a Comment