December 10, 2014

Christmas at the Mini-Cottage





It's that time of year again when I'm especially in love with all things miniature. I love creating cozy mini-scenes and I suspect it's got something to do with me wanting to sleep through winter like a little furry creature, down in a super-soft warm and cozy hibernation nest/hole/cave, with my tummy stuffed with food to last for a few months.To sleeeeep and only wake up when spring is here again. And my slim waistline. I suppose nesting fever really doesn't come with pregnancy but with every winter for me.

So join me on a tour through the little cottage living room, all decorated for Christmas. I love the vintage white and silver/gold colors, a total opposite from our Christmas decorations in our normal size home ;).


Take off your coat and mittens, slip off your shoes, grab a cookie and follow me...:

Come on in. I'll switch the lights on...


Peeking in through the kitchen door. The top right picture is a photograph of Dani and me when we were still dating, the bottom right one is of magnolia blossoms.
 
 
  

The 'carpet' is a patchwork scrap I got from a charm pack.

Ready to pick some sweet cookie recipes we can bake later

The tree is in the corner next to the fireplace. Dani wouldn't survive the femininity of a white tree in our real living room, haha! So I had to make one for the mini-home. It was a regular green one I had bleached.

I decorated the tree with small craft decor from the Christmas isle at our grocery store. The little Eiffel Tower used to be a keychain, girlyfied with gold nail polish to match the color scheme.

Cinnamon rolls, sugar cookies and sugar stars, ready to be eaten. The stars are real sugar sprinkles for baking. They make nice fake cookies for picture-taking. The little crochet doily used to belong to  Stephi's grandma. 

I got this beautiful bowl of nuts from Stephi, too. THANK YOU! :)

The mantlepiece. I made everything except for the sweet little radio (Stephi again). The deer memo board is a clipping from the current 'Impressionen' catalog. I framed it with thin, real wood. The tinsel wreath is made of pipe cleaner and craft beads, the bird houses are balsa wood and craft paper.


Here's the whole room. Sit down, put your feet up and hang out for a while!

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun this must be for you finding all the little bits and pieces to put something like this together! It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete