We as a family have been sick on and off since last Christmas. I think we`ve had the flu 5 times until now. It was either kid`s teething, catching a cold, passing it on to us, or migraines, or the flu. I felt (and still feel) quite exhausted. The weather doesn`t help either: it`s May but it still feels and looks like winter. Snow again last week for a few days, followed by endless rain and wind. I have been more than ready for spring for a while now. So this past Friday was the first day I felt better after a long bout of cold and sinusitis. The first day without a headache. Once the kids were in bed, I got my Acrylic paints ready, got a fresh canvas (and I love the smell of the wooden frame, that alone is therapy), chocolate, my paintbrushes and went ahead: my first floral painting. I was craving fresh, bright colors. Something happy. And yes, I was painting with crappy lighting, in the middle of the night, hoping the colors would look as vibrant as they did when I mixed them, once in real, natural light (and they did, when I checked the painting in daylight the next morning). I began painting just before 7 p.m. and finished at 2:45 a.m.. I did`t realize it had gotten this late, being distracted with painting and listening to 3 or 4 Sherlock Holmes Audiobooks, haha! By the time I showered and felt tired enough to sleep it was some time around 4 a.m. - Flynn woke us up at around 6. I had quite the Art hangover the next day ;)
Two lessons learned:
1: I can`t go long periods of time without painting. If I do, I´ll go mad after a while. Or sick. Or both. I need to create, some way or another (painting, crafting, decorating). It balances me.
2: If you try larger scale paintings, an easel would be practical. My back still hurts from crouching over the large table on which I had laid my canvas.
3: I`d rather have backpain.
![]() |
| Oversize Flowers. The canvas is pretty large. |
![]() |
| My favorite part are the colors and the texture |



No comments:
Post a Comment