January 26, 2009
Spring Cleaning
*Bling* I love how (almost) everything is all fresh and sparkly now in our apartment. From the floor to the ceiling. I did some serious spring cleaning today and am exhausted. What a workout! It was worth all the work though: no more dust bunnies crossing the rooms, pretending to be tumbleweed props from some old western movie, no more Halloween-like dust covered shelves, no more dirty laundry... have I mentioned how much I like the scent of fresh laundry? The laundry is drying on a rack in the living room right now, filling the whole area with fresh aloe and spring scent. I feel like the female main character of a laundry detergent commercial already ;). The only two things left to finish are the spider in the shower (leaving that one for Dani... this is a man´s job) and the never ending clones of "the dirty dishes pile". I can´t believe it took almost all day to do this spring cleaning session. It never takes that long in the commercials! But to reward myself, I had a nice big bowl of ice cream during my Gilmore Girls break during the cleaning. Yes, you heard right, ice cream... very sugary ice cream at that. Victoryyyyy! I finished my two week sugar fast and I am grateful I was able to pull through with it :). I might do it again some time. I have heard that the real big noticeable changes in your body happen mostly after 4 weeks of abstaining from sugar. 4 weeks!! Now there´s a killer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The only way I will give up sugar is if the doctors tell me its life(without) or death(with). And even then I am pretty sure we can negotiate!:P
ReplyDeleteYeah...I pretty much agree with Elke; I mean I once ate 5 huge Toblerone bars in one day...so yeah!!
ReplyDelete