I´ve noticed February 2009 has arrived and I´ve even talked about ideas of what I might do for my birthday this year but it simply never occured to me until today: I am turning 27! Soon! And where did that come from? 30 isn´t that far away now, and once I´m 30, 40 and 50 are just waiting to pounce on me. Menopause, here I come!! :o So instead of concentrating on my frail old age too much, I decided to distract myself with Amazon.de, and consequently went wild on the wishlist. Are we always trying to compensate or is it just us girls?
My mom is the youngest looking mom out there and I want to look young like her when I reach her age. But just thinking about myself in that context and actually getting old seems strange. Not really inside (although that could be shocking too, facing the fact that I will be forever 16, stuck in a 90 year old body at some point), but outside, that´s the part I could skip on. As for this year´s birthday party...I moved the celebration part to summer, when it´s (hopefully) going to be nice and warm outside. I am thinking along the lines of a get-together-with-friends-and-have-a-BBQ-party. Maybe if I´d been born in June or July, my advancing birthdays wouldn´t be that depressive... nice weather always helps. So am I the born party pooper? I mean you shouldn´t depend on the weather to throw a party... especially not here in Germany - you´d wait forever. The good weather is always totally unexpected here.
I realized it is getting late... a few minutes past midnight already and I´m tired and just rambling. Like I said...I am getting old and should probably be sleeping before my brain switches off into hybernation mode and this mindless blog continues. Alright, I´ll be off. Good night :)!
I agree with you about being born in summer. I was born in January and had a friend who was born in December. We decided one day that we'd give ourselves summer birthdays just so we could have nice birthday parties outside that didn't involve snow. :)
ReplyDelete