This past weekend was a great one! I visited my parents and friends and I also had the chance to stop by at my old workplace, the Schweinfurt Directorate of Emergency Services. It was good to catch up with coworkers and friends there and to chat for a while. I enjoyed the time spent with family and friends and it seemed like the weekend was over way too fast. A friend accompanied me that weekend and we had a lot of fun. She had never been to my home town before or met my parents and I was glad to see that she got along really well with them and my friends. I love how my circle of friends continues to grow, hee hee :)! I am getting a bit more used to living here in Baden-Württemberg but it still doesn´t feel like home yet. More like an extended travel assignment or something ;). People have a strange accent here when they speak and although it sounds funny to me, I have a hard time understanding them sometimes. I think I´ll get the hang of it at some point. I have two dictionaries for the type of German spoken here and I never thought it possible that the same language, German, could vary so much by way of pronouncing it differently. I also miss my second language, English, here. I was shocked at the scarce variety of English books they supply here at the city library. Thank goodness for Amazon ;). But aside from that, I hope to adjust to living here and feeling completely at home soon. Aalen is a beautiful city and I am thrilled by the cute old buildings and the awesome landscape here. It keeps my creative heart pounding ;).
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment