April 23, 2009

"By George, I think she´s got it!"

It is done! Completely!
I finished my very first quilt last night.
I am never going to do another one of that size!
It turned out a bit smaller and more crooked than intended, but hey, it´s got personality! And I love it! My baby! It took forever and I got into these flows where I just couldn´t stop sewing, pinning and tucking, until late at night, until my hands and knees hurt. I started cutting the final quilt scraps and start sewing last week and finished last night. I don´t think I could have pulled it through if it had been more elaborate or even (I´m inserting the evil word here:) symmetrical of some sort. I am not good at long-term projects such as this, for I tend to lose interest after a while. I really have to learn patience with these things. Some things I can never get enough, drawing or being creative in general, for example, but sewing a tricky project tends to kill me off in the process. I sucked at sewing in elementary school but it was all by hand so I guess the sewing maching helps now :). We´re on friendly terms now and I am very happy about it. I think my sewing maching has a very kind character and the more I get to know her, the less she plots against me. Anyhow, here are the pictures of my latest sewing quest: the quilt, my beloved travel pillow, my summery casual bag, and my sun-glasses carrier.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! It's so perfect. :) I have a t-shirt quilt that is rolled up in a ball that I've never finished. Silly batting.
    Grr.
    Some day, I will finish it, and it will be awesome like yours. And who cares if it isn't perfectly symmetrical. Symmetry is so...boring. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Hooray to you!

    (PS, When are you coming over?)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the projects are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I think you're a natural. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete