June 16, 2011

Hale, Hale, and Gardening for Dummies

Remember my little balcony garden project? Well, a couple of weeks ago it hailed like crazy and my little lettuce plants that had only just developed 2-4 leaves each looked like some maniac had stabbed them with a scalpel. Three of those little plants didn´t make it but the others are growing strong now, at last.
My little radishes survived the hailstorm pretty well, but they couldn´t escape me ;). They were so good in salads or on sandwiches! I just planted the next batch of radish seeds.
As to my pretty nasturtium - well, it lived through the hale, just to surrender to the plant louse invasion a week after.
Only my lavender (finally in bloom) and strawberries (blooming and slowly developing real berries!) have been doing remarkably well... there is a thunderstorm heading toward us as I´m typing and it already started to rain. I hope it won´t get worse and my plant babies will live through this one too!

This it what everything looks like now:


No comments:

Post a Comment