June 21, 2011

Witny´s Wedding


This past weekend we had the opportunity to attend Witny´s wedding in Greifensee, Switzerland. It was a beautiful wedding at a beautiful location with a beautiful bride and groom :)! 
 
The wedding reception and civil wedding were held at a lakeside castle and after the family guests had arrived, we went down to the lake and waited for Witny, who arrived on a boat, escorted by her father. We followed them up to the castle, where the civil wedding ceremony was performed.



Then it was time for fruit punch and canapés in the castle´s little flower garden. This is where I finally got to hug the bride and congratulate her and her new companion. Last time I had seen Witny was on our Mission in D.C. and later, when she came to my own wedding - I think we started a good tradition ;). She looked beautiful in her dress and veil and with her smart husband among all the flowers and green. I got to meet her sweet parents and one of her aunts. She has a wonderful family!




But there was not much time to chat... brides are on a tight schedule ;). Time for the picture-taking at various locations.




Later, the actual wedding festivities began inside the castle. More food, fun games and dancing galore. And even more food: dessert time rolled around and it was sooooooooooo delicious! Eyecandy and real candy! Another really fun thing was that I finally got to meet Melissa (aka Sister Scofield) there. I´d heard a lot about her and she´d just come out on her mission after I had left and now Witny (aka Sister Weibel) was the common link (well, so was Sisters Baker, Leal, Kajo, Everts and all the other sweeties from the Mish - GOOD TIMES!).



The Sealing was scheduled for the next day at the Swiss Temple in Zollikofen.

Again I have to say, I love weddings! It´s so stressfree when it´s not your own and you can completely enjoy it. (It´s always a plus to not have the flu and fever when you´re getting married!)




2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous wedding, adorabel couple and of course stunning DC sisters! It is always wonderful when we can get together with mission buddies.
    I am actually heading to Utah this week and will be staying a night with Lauren Hill Rojas. She is now considered family since she married my hubbie's cousin. Crazy how life works! Wish I could see you too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Sister Scofield. I interpreted for her district at the MTC. I thought it was great to know she was headed to our mission.

    Well you (and everyone else in your great photos) look(s) amazing! I miss you. One day...one day I'll make it to Germany to see you.

    ReplyDelete