June 17, 2012

Fun in June - Part 1

Hello, Hello!

What did I do in June? Well, the best week so far was when I visited my parents in Schweinfurt and got to meet and visit with some old friends. Dani was away on a business trip to Stockholm, Sweden, so the time was right to escape exile in Aalen and go home for a bit ;). I´ll keep posting about my time at home within the next few days.



One of the things I got to do was attend Caleb Isom´s Eagle Court of Honor. It was really great to see the awesome Isom Family again. Sadly they will move back to the States next month. But I was happy to see them and excited for their oldest son so receive his Eagle Scout Award. It felt very nostalgic to see all the Boy Scouts there at the ceremony. It reminded me of my brother Martin, when he got his Eagle Award years ago. And I can´t believe how fast time goes by and how Caleb not only graduated from High School but also  "graduated" from the Boy Scouts of America program with highest honors! Congratulations, Caleb :)!
And of course, I got to hang out with my little friend, Alyssa, his sister. She has grown so much and is turning into a very beautiful young woman (WOW, do I sound like my own grandma now, or what?!). I love the Isoms and will be sad to see them go. It was fun to have them in the ward! Well, I guess, a Primary Teacher never forgets her former 'little' kids *sniffle, sniffle*... .

There were quite a few families from the ward there and it was good to see them too, of course! And I am glad that the Phillips Family moved back into the ward after their deployment to NYC. So maybe that´s what will happen to the Isoms, too...? At least chances are much higher for them to move back to Schweinfurt than for me, boo-hoo.

Caleb with a sly Indiana Jones-y smile. Almost an Eagle Scout... 

During the Ceremony. Our former Bishop was there too, little did I know he was an Eagle Scout himself... awesesome!



Alyssa and I ;)

Tracy, me, Sheryl and Mom, all smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment