You haven´t heard from me in a while because a few weeks ago my computer died. And then Daniel´s. And now I´m using his old student laptop that randomly freezes and does what it wants. Very slowly. Like me in the morning... horrible! I think I´m slowly going crazy here. I desperately need to go buy art supply because I need to get down and paint again, but can´t right now. I can´t do much outside for all the snow we´ve had (there goes my new love for running...) and I can´t connect to the rest of the world because of the computer problems. I hope it lets me finish up this mini-update here... . I´d also continue writing, but my book is saved on my computer. So are my workout routines for when the weather is bad (= every day now). Or I´d love to work on some picture editing... on my computer. Instead, I could hang out with friends, you say? Well, I´d LOVE to, I´m going through withdrawals here anyways. If only they didn´t live so far away from me to do that. When did I get so dependent on the computer? Oh that´s right, ever since I moved here over 4 years ago. But really, I feel like I´m going crazy with nothing creative or worthwhile to do while Dani is at work. The days seem so long and I think I´m drowning here (oh yes, it looks like it´s self-pitty!).
But wait, there´s positive things too, right? Well... hm, the car broke down and it cost a fortune to fix it again. Hmmmm.... and my old cell phone is acting up again too, despite the new spare part we got for it a while back, I think it might really die on me some time in the near future. Hm... yes, new computer parts need to be bought, too.... yes, we plan to pay back Dani´s student loan by June. But getting down to the real problem... my Birthday is advancing and although I´m not turning the big and doomed 30 again, I still don´t know what to do then. Dani will have to go on a business trip that day and although I´ll get to spend some time of the day with him until he leaves in the evening for a whole week, it´s weird. I´ll be going home to hang out with my parents that week and live in a real (though small) city again for a while. Maybe I´ll catch up with some old friends from work and see what´s new. And visit with friends, wheeee :)!
The laptop is still working, so I´ll finish this up quickly. Venting can be fun, but now I´m done. I´m really looking forward to Chrie´s Birthday get-together in February and meeting with everyone again! And I´m looking forward to spending time with my family, too. This year had a rough start, really, but I have a feeling it´ll turn out to be a great one.
I hope you´re all having a great time, whatever you´re doing. And Debbie, please tell Kelsey I said hi and to get well soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment