December 31, 2012

In Memoriam

 This past week my dear Aunt Ilse passed away. We found out a few days after Christmas, and although she was very ill, it was still somewhat of a shock to hear. She´d had health problems for a while but none of the physicians she went to checked her thoroughly and only the last one she went to a couple of weeks ago found out that she was suffering from leukemia. She started with radiation therapy right away but it was already too late for her. She had the severest form of leukemia, the same kind my grandpa died of when I was four years old. Today was her funeral and it was tough and still seems somewhat unreal. It feels like she´s not really gone but just stayed home and will be back tomorrow. But I do know she´s at a better place now, with our Father in Heaven. And while I am happy for her that she´s pain free and happy now, I miss here here, back on earth. She was a real fighter, funny, caring, witty and knew how to cheer people up. I am so grateful for her sweet example in my life and how she touched so many lives around me. It´s hard to put into words what you feel about someone you care about, and I don´t think words can ever do justice to the original that she was and still is. I know I´ll see her again one day, and that day will be a happy one.

We all didn´t feel like celebrating New Year´s Eve tonight. Instead Dani and I will stay up until Midnight, watching movies like an old married couple (and to distract ourselves a little). Ilse herself would be mad at us being such party-poopers, I´m sure. But I don´t feel like crowds tonight. Maybe later. Here´s to Ilse and to all of you, my family, relatives and friends. I love you and feel truly blessed to have you all in my life, close by or geographically far apart. I hope you all have a great day today and a nice, fresh start into 2013! May we all remember our own worth and how blessed we are with our families and friends, the greatest treasures of the heart!  


"And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."



1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry. How wonderful is the plan of salvation. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope you were able to enjoy your movies with your hubby.=) Happy New Year my twin.

    ReplyDelete