I didn´t take "Before" pictures, so I´m sharing some photographs I found online. Also, my pictures are horrible quality. It´s rainy and dark outside today and with my camera skills, everything is a bit blurry.
We finally renovated the kids´ playkitchen that we bought back in February. It was ugly blond-wood before, with grass green and bright yellow accents (and red knobs). Who ever designed it must have been blind. We painted it a powdery, peachy soft pink from the left-over paint we had from our real kitchen (wall) and spraypainted the faucet and parts of the legs gold. And we added marble print foil to the kitchen counter. SO. MUCH. BETTER. An eyesore no more, haha. It feels so good to have finished this project at last. Our move got in the way.
 |
| Before: this is the vendor´s picture. We got ours second-hand and the wood had become very yellowish. |
 |
| After. |
The second DIY project was Flynns little chest of drawers. We had bought it from IKEA after Penny was born and took over Flynns nursery. He got a big boy bed and this. But it looked very boring, so I finally painted it. Dani watched the kids while I painted. Great job-sharing ;).
 |
| Before: Basic. It looked ok, but these unfinished woods always darken in time and take on a yellow tint. I can´t stand it. |
 |
| After! First, I stained the wood with a dark stain, leaving the woodgrain visible. The beige and green were added on top during the second step. |
 |
| I found a couple of cans of paint at a discount: a beautiful avocado green shade, and light beige. |
No comments:
Post a Comment