July 31, 2012

We´re moving...

...not away but at least we´re moving. We´ll move closer to where Dani works, so we´ll still live in the area (I was hoping for Munich, but unfortunately that´s not happening), just a bit more isolated. It´s ok though, since  my friends live too far away to visit often anyway, it doesn´t matter where exactly one feels lonely, haha ;). But I´m so happy we´re finally moving out of this appartment, which is, actually not too bad. It´s the neighbors, their funny smells (B.O. lingering in the hallway for minutes after they left) and also our landlord-company who is less than polite or efficiant. I can´t wait to have some friendly people around :).

The bathroom walls are covered -floor to ceiling - with THESE!!
We have been randomly checking the local papers and mostly online for appartments to rent and found an entry that sounded interesting: a small house with tiny garden in a quiet area. There weren´t many pictures online but we spontaneously made it a let´s-look-at-it-just-for-fun-date. And. It is a little gem... or rather diamond in the rough. The owners aka. our new landlords are adorable and they had been renovating the building for the past few months. An elderly lady used to live there and it was very old-fashioned, carpet and wallpaper-wise. They put in new floors and painted all the walls white ...a blank canvas waiting to be made beautiful. Both Dani and I felt right at home (if you don´t count all the spiders in the basement and hallway, or the psychodelic tiling in each of the bathrooms, or the floor tiles in the living room, while they are practical, they are VERY non-cozy). So on Monday, we signed the contract, after much calculating and a long pro/con list. We did want to move in the long run, although I admit, it was I who did, more than Dani. But we didn´t expect it to happen so soon and all at once. Our budget will be very tight these coming months and throughout next year but it´ll work out. It looks like we´ll stay there for good the next few years. We have more space there and once we start expanding our own family business, there´ll be enough room for kids. We´re only spending money for the move and the kitchen. We´ll use the one we bought and built in into our current appartment when we moved here, but we´ll have to add to it and get some extra furniture for it. The rest of the house will have to wait with extras and renovation (which is, really only painting the walls and getting rid of those hypnotic bathroom tiles), it´ll be bit by bit. But then I´ve always loved DIY... :).

As a sneak-peek you get to see what the kitchen area and dining room currently look like:



This is my color/texture moodboard for it. Country-ish cozy. That´s ok, because I´ll live so far out, I might just turn into a redneck ;). Then I´ll look at the curtains and my kitchen while doing the dishes and pretend I live in a cottage somewhere around Bakewell, in Derbyshire. Beautiful!

I´ll post the end-results once it´s all done. It might take a while ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment