Picture Perfect...
 |
| Edelweiss |
 |
| Bavarian Blue Sky |
 |
| Alpine Landscape |
As you can see, we visited the Alps again. This past weekend Dani´s parents came for a visit and we showed them one of our favorite spots, the
Breitach Klamm. I´ve already posted pictures of it
here last year (so not a lot of photos of the gorge itself this time...). It´s now been the third time I´ve been there but I don´t think it ever gets boring. I feel so alive there. It´s so amazing to hike the trail through the narrow gorge, with the light getting dimmer and the water getting louder and angrier the deeper you get into the gorge. It´s also getting cooler and wetter as you cross little streams and pass by small waterfalls along the way. It makes all your senses tingle with happiness!
I love it when the trail leads you towards the end of the gorge, when the water is deep below you and the sunlight high above, it´s a bit like in between worlds. The light and shadow mix is awesome and it takes my breath away each time I go. There´s a stark contrast between darkness, light and dark and colors, very inspiring. I´m reminded of the old master painters each time I walk through. They mastered the art of light and shadow in their oil paintings and here you almost feel like being part of an ancient painted canvas. I´m, always trying to capture some scenes with the camera but it never works. You just can´t see all the beauty from looking at the pictures. But it makes me remember what it really was and felt like there, each time I look at them.
 |
| The Hike Begins... |
 |
| Deep inside the gorge, looking up |
 |
| On the mountain above the gorge... |
 |
| Entering the light again towards the end of the gorge |
.jpg) |
| ...and just for the fun of it - my favorite painting by Carl Spitzweg - with awesome light and shadow composition (1852) |
And some more shapshots for you to look at:
 |
| Gorge goodness |
 |
| Above the gorge, on the mountain, with Alpine pastures all around... |
 |
| Dani´s dad |
 |
| Dani´s parents taking a little break while we were cooling our hot feet in the mountain stream |
 |
| Resting and eating and smooching... |
 |
| My little Smiley :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment