December 23, 2015

Kids' Rooms

A few months ago we started moving furniture around and buying a couple of new things (Hello, IKEA!) for Flynn's new room. He has now graduated from his old baby room and is sleeping in our former little office. All of that furniture is now upstairs in the storage area (ummm...formerly known as guest room) and squeezed into our bedroom. Flynn's old room is going to be his sister's room. I took some pictures today (realizing too late that there was some of Flynn's spit and little fingerprints all over the camera's lense, so all the pictures now have a more or less visible, cool Bokeh effect and are artfully blurred...):

Flynns new room:
This is what it looks like when you come in

My old armchair is in the left coner, and then there's Flynn's new bookshelf (which I'm still thinking about painting a different color, eventually. But it gets to stay like this for now), and bed that we found second-hand on Ebay .

Some of his smaller stuffed animals sleep in this little basket by the window

The larger ones are on a chest of drawers right next to his bed. Sometimes they all mysteriously wake up in bed with him after his nap.

His walls are a bit bare still, but I painted and hung this picture up for him. It's his best stuffed-animal-friend, Piggie.

That's the new dresser we got him at IKEA. We were going to get the larger one, but it was sold out. Even online. Looks like this one will have to do for a while. This one will be painted too, once I decide to paint the bookshelf. The bunting and garland are from his old room.

Just some of his books and toys.

His photo album (it has about 3 pages worth of pictures in it so far...time to catch up!) and sweet elephant Ariel got him when she visited us from Italy.


The wall above his bed looks so bare, I really want to change it. But since he is such a little bouncy boy, with hands and arms going everywhere, I just know a framed print above the bed is a bad idea.

And here's baby girl's room:

Coming in, you see the wardrobe/closet I found for free on Ebay (Yaaayyy! It currently holds all of Flynn's clothes he has outgrown, his travel bed, and all our bedding), the old bookshelf I built with dad years ago, and one of the two armchairs from the living room. I had to make a pompom garland for Flynn's sister too, of course! You can never have enough of those :) . The framed picture on the wall is from an old calendar and I just love the colors. Way on the left (but not pictured) is the changing station, stacks of diapers and mini-bookshelves, pretty much the same as it was when Flynn was a baby.

Baby's bed. She'll sleep in a little bed in our room for the first few months, but eventually gets to sleep here in Flynn's old bed. For now, it's only little art-bunny keeping watch. Got this one from my sister a while back :)

The mural I painted for Flynn is still on the wall. I love it so. Too bad he couldn't take it with him into his new room. Instead of the Piggie Picture, I painted a sleepy moon and stars one for this baby. I hope she gets the message and will sleep more than Flynn did. ;)

See the nice raindrop effect in this picture? Yes, that's right... Flynn's doing.

Oh yes, I'm already excited for this new addition to our little family. Stephi has this same little giraffe. Because she's awesome. Pregnancy twins ;).

Three little pink felt cupcakes I made years and years ago.

I'm very excited about this new/old room. I really didn't change much, just added a different color scheme. Girly fun. If we're in for a surprise and baby turns out to be a boy after all, I might have to do some frantic last-minute color swapping, haha!  

No comments:

Post a Comment