Finally some overdue pictures of our first vacation -a week in the Netherlands- with Flynn, back in June. We loved the time there, enjoying some fun family time. Flynn really learned to walk there, more than just the few steps he took before. He also learned to love swimming which he absolutely hated before. It was a scorching hot summer this year, so we went swimming almost every day while there and it was such a pleasant way to cool down. We also spent one day at the beach, and another day (one of my favorites) in Nuenen, where Van Gogh lived for a while and where we got to be hip, artsy tourists, walking around town, visiting the church he painted there, and touring the Van Gogh museum. Well...I toured while Dani kept chasing after Flynn, the escape artist, who was more interested in the elevator and stairs than all the displays in the the museum.
Finally, we got to spend a couple of days with Dani's parents and siblings, who all live close to the Dutch border. His parents came over to visit us one day, and Sunday we went to their home. We also got to visit Chrie for a few hours, which was great.
I realized we took quite a lot of pictures and although I already weeded a lot of them out, there are still too many for one post. So this is going to be a two part story. Here's part one:
 |
| We arrived late in the evening and this was our first morning in Holland. Checking out the Center Park we were staying at. |
 |
| It was early Summer, when Flynn learned to really walk. And more than just a few steps. It was also the hottest Summer in a long time. Mostly between 35-40 °C. It was hotter in our little bungalow, where you couldn't do more than tilt a window, so we spent a lot of time outside, or at the pool, where Flynn loved to splash. |
 |
| The lake at the park |
 |
| There's nothing better than cooling your feet when it's so hot and you're pregnant. Or Flynn. Who is always hot anyway. |
 |
| Daddy Time |
 |
| Yes! A playground! |
 |
| Little sailor Flynn |
 |
| Look what I found...can I keep it? |
 |
| He loved it. |
 |
| Little turtles, just like the ones we had when I was a kid. They had a few animals in the big tropical indoor-park area. |
 |
| This white animal waited for us in front of our little bungalow. There were so many of them all around the park. |
 |
| Just after we arrived at our temporary home. Flynn was sooo exhausted. Have I mentioned it was super hot all week long? None of us slept at night, because of the heat and no A/C. But other than the exhaustion, I liked the warmth and sunlight. There was a lack of it the past few years. |
|
 |
| Banana-mouths |
 |
| We spent the next day in Venlo, with Monika and Günter. Found a throne. Kept it ;) |
 |
| Grandma Ewert walking with Flynn |
 |
| A brownie and free Wifi |
 |
| I love Dutch traditional houses. The bricks are so charming. And the flowers. |
 |
| Back at the park, on our way to the bungalow |
 |
| Flynn and Grandpa Ewert |
 |
| The day Flynn met his crazy uncle finally arrived ;) |
 |
| The Vincentre in Nuenen; the Van Gogh museum. So awesome! |
 |
| Look Flynn, we're "arting"! Love! |
 |
| Back outside. The Dutch just love their houses and gardens. Me too. I adore their style! |
 |
| Just some more detail on warm brick and warm, off-white wood and green color combos. And I love the trees. |
 |
| Same house. I'm in love with that entrance! |
 |
| Just another cute home |
 |
| A cafè in Nuenen |
 |
| The chapel! |
 |
| Fangirl ;) |
 |
| Random shot of summer on my feet |
 |
| More Hydrangea. |
 |
| By noon, Flynn's energy was used up. Ours too. We excaped the heat-wave when we were in our car. That was about the only place that had A/C. After Flynn's nap back at home, we returned to the swimming pool... our daily afternoon activity during that week. |
No comments:
Post a Comment