July 2, 2011
Sock Love
There´s nothing more comforting than a cup of hot chocolate and wooly sock warmed toes when it´s cold and rainy outside. A chilly fall day and a good book are.... wait! It´s summer! Or so it should be when I look at my calendar. But summer is stubborn and doesn´t act like its good old self at all. One day it´s hot, then 3 days of icy winds and rain and hail and storms. This is where the hand knitted wool socks come in. Last time we visited the inlaws, my mother-in-law gave me (another) pair of (I so love them they are wonderful and cute) socks. She makes them herself for the whole family and every once in a while, when we visit, she´d give them to us - generally in fall and winter. When she gave them to me last month, it was a very hot day and I thought I would have to wait all summer to finally wear them in fall. Not so! These last few days really gave me an opportunity!
Here´s to crazy weather and cozy socks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wear my wool socks every chance I get. Sadly mine are costco, not handmade. One of my lifetime goals is to become friendly enough with a knitter to score a pair.
ReplyDelete