I always feel slightly gloomy returning to where we live after being away for a while because especially during the first few days back I sorely miss interacting with family and friends and then living so isolated again truly feels lonely. And after a few days of secretly moping and whining, my positive attitude returns and it´s ok. I can deal with it.
But then last night, Dani told me that his job application was rejected. Every once in a while when something sounds very interesting, he applies somewhere else and this last job opening sounded so good. Dani thought it was really interesting. And it was closer to my parents, and sister, back in my home Stake and in a city (Hello, infrastructure, art and culture!!). And that´s a big deal because there really aren´t many jobs in his line of work near my family. He applied several months ago or so, and we decided to keep quiet about it, since we didn´t know how things would turn out. And although I haven´t thought of it daily, I´ve always had that feeling of hope in the back of my head, like 'oh, it´s ok, we´ll move away at some point, I can handle being here for a while longer'. But I felt really crushed when I heard the news, yesterday. It´s so pathetic but I think I felt worse than Dani that he got turned down. So I had a good little cry and now I´m fine again. And I know we´ll eventually move, but that date has moved now way into the future.
But there´s good things too: I have chocolate and Dani. I´m healthy. I have a heater that works and a wonderful family, including my inlaws, and relatives. I have the most awesome friends in the whole wide world. No, literally, you guys are so spread out throughout Germany and around the globe. It´s so cool but also sad because we don´t get to visit nearly as often as I´d like.
Enough whining, here are some pictures of last week :)
![]() |
| "Cheese!" Chrie-Krie-Andi-Carmen-Bine-Jassi-Jo |
![]() |
| Cheers! |
![]() |
| Chrie, cutting her Birthday cake - psycho style ;) Cake with chocolate frosting plus Smarties, Gummibears, and more chocolate, yum! |
![]() |
| I tried a new hairstyle, braids and all. It kind of fell apart later that night but looked fun in the beginning ;) |







No comments:
Post a Comment