February 25, 2013

...just when did I get so fat?!

Ok, so maybe I didn´t get fat, but I am very unhappy with the way I´ve put on pounds. Is it that infamous marriage fat? I´ve heard people swear they were fine but once they got married they pounds just kept coming. So I´ve started working out and running recently and while I´m not seeing the results as fast as I would like to, I´m loving it. But at first it´s always quite a battle stepping out of my comfort zone to get out and work out.

 For most of my life, I´ve never really had to watch what I was eating, I just stayed slim. And I did eat mainly healthy. So I´m not used to actually working out. Now it´s either the age or (what I rather tend to believe) the circumstances, but since we were married I gained a lot of weight in a very short time. I´ve put on 11 Kilos (around 24 lbs) in a little over 4 years while Dani is pretty much the same. Most of my clothes don´t fit me anymore and I guess that was the final push I needed. You know there are those well-meaning people who keep saying 'where on earth have you gained weight?'  and while they are very kind, it makes me feel awkward, like they´re talking to an anorexic person but not to me. Hello, hips and bellyfat anyone?! I´m not really comparing myself to others when it comes to weight, but I see old pictures of myself and I look at me now and think 'WHAT on earth has happened here?!'. You know?


 So I´ve decided to officially make a fresh start. I´ve set personal goals and am posting them here to keep me motivated, now that it´s here in print. If you want to join my goals and share some advice, sore muscles, easy and healthy recipes, personal experiences, etc., I´d love to hear from you. Just e-mail me or leave a comment.
These are my goals:
-focus more on healthy meals but not leaving out my love for occasional pizza and chocolate (it´s all about portion control)
-working out more and trying different things
-making workouts a habit
-staying motivated and inspired
-checking my progress every month





longterm-goal: losing those annoying 11 Kilos by applying the above goals and setting additional short-term goals.

Ready? Set. Go!


1 comment:

  1. i'll be your cheerleader! Martin and I are on the same bandwagon. So far I've just been counting calories and running 3-4 times a week. It's been a lot easier than I thought it would be, but I think the initial kilos always come off fast, it will get a lot harder once I close in on my goal weight (and stop breastfeeding...500 calories alone for that). If you are interested in calories, this website will take your recipes and tell you how many calories they have per serving...makes it so much easier: http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

    good luck!
    love stephanie

    ReplyDelete