May 1, 2013

Miss Mouse in the Making

What to make of felt, pipe cleaners, thread, cotton and glue?


Why it´s obvious, a miniature (or rather, life sized) mouse. She still needs eyes, 'real' legs and arms, whiskers and  something to wear. But usually I forget to snap those 'in-progress-pictures', so that what you get today. I´m not sure if I´ll model the hands and little feet paws from clay or if I´ll use felt for it. But it´s trial and error. The first experiment of last week has gone very wrong. Apparently mice are not in need of a hard clay core. Cotton works much better.


You see, I´ve been charmed by those utterly cute mice over on these blogs, and I remembered the mouse encounter in my bed (no kidding, but that´s a whole other story), over in our old apartment,  and so I´ve been smitten with the idea of making my own for a while now. And although I´ve made little felt animals in the past (about 10 years ago) they weren´t so detailed and I had no idea how to make them poseable. I have no pattern or instructions for the mouse, I just try and add as I go.

1 comment:

  1. seriously cool. cool enough to keep me up past 10pm :)
    love stephanie

    ReplyDelete